- Child of Rage: A documentary about a young girl who was sexually abused when she was a year old. She has a desire to murder her entire family and carries out numerous disturbing tasks.
- The Scariest Drug in the World: Scopolamine is a drug that when taken keeps a person coherent but makes them open to follow commands. It’s been used to make people steal, as a rape drug and a way to humiliate people. It’s known as a “chemical hypnosis”. This film documents people’s experience with it.
- Demonic Possession and Exorcism: The footage you are about to witness contains highly disturbing material.
- An Interview with a Cannibal: An interview with a man named, Issei Sagawa who committed a pretty horrific crime. He butchered and raped a young Dutch women because he wanted to absorb her “energy”. He spent 3 days consuming her flesh.
- The Bridge: A film on the Golden Gate Bridge, which captures the number of suicides. Many describe it as a powerful documentary, that leaves a lasting impression.
- High on Crack Street: Shows just how badly crack ruins lives. A great portrayal of the harsh, dark side of drugs.
- Aokigahara/Suicide Forest: A geologist walks through the forest and shows us what he sees. Definitly contains some depressing material.
- Atomic Wounds: The effect of a nuclear weapon on a mass number of people. It’s disheartening, it’s horrifying, but it’s reality.
- Just Melvin, Just Evil: A documentary about a tormented family who suffered from sexual abuse and substance abuse because of one man. It leaves you wondering how can one man be so destructive?
- Earthlings: One of the most intense documentaries made about animal abuse. Footage contains graphic material.
Feel free to add to this list :)
- Finding Life Beyond Earth and Solar System: Take a trip to distant realms of our solar system to discover where secret forms of life may lie hidden.
- The Cell: In this three-part BBC series, Dr Adam Rutherford tells the extraordinary story of the scientific quest to discover the secrets of the living cell.
- A Universe From Nothing: Lawrence Krauss gives a talk on our current picture of the universe, how it will end, and how it could have come from nothing.
- Absolute Zero: This two-part scientific detective tale tells the story of a remarkable group of pioneers who wanted to reach the ultimate extreme: absolute zero, a place so cold that the physical world as we know it doesn’t exist.
- Brain Story: Why do we think and feel as we do? For years man has sought to understand the workings of the mind. Now, with advances in modern-day technology, a whole new world of brain research is opening up.
- Health: Body Builders: Can organs be built in the lab? This documentary opens up new ways to study disease, the immune system and why organ transplants may be a thing of the past.
- Through the Wormhole: Is Time Travel Possible?: A documentary that looks at time travel from all possible directions. It also investigates consequences.
- Seven Wonders of the Microbe World: This little documentary is talking about Microbes and why some are good, some are bad and what they have done for mankind.
- Weirdest Planets: This documentary shows types of planets that we have discovered and just how strange some of them really are
- Who’s Afraid of a Big Black Hole: Black holes are one of the most destructive forces in the universe, capable of tearing a planet apart and swallowing an entire star. This documentary takes us to the heart of a black hole and then to the very edge of what we think we know about the universe.